Sunday, August 21, 2016

Fine Art of Weeding

I can go to a store, okay my favorite three HomeGoods, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx, and shop for hours.  When I see something that intrigues me or I need or even think my family and I  need, I put it into my cart.  While perusing the aisles, not only do I look at everything, I think and look at the things in the cart, assess/reassess/remove these items.  Then finally as I approach the registers, I do a final assessment of my items that are in the cart.  This is called the Weeding.  It is a herculean task. I can shop and walk out with nothing.  While it may seem superficial and shallow to most, a total waste of time and energy to others, to me it is an art.  A needful art.  

Weeding serves as a therapy for me.  It relaxes and calms me, much like meditation.  No matter what chaos is going on in my world, perusing and then weeding takes me out of my own head.  It helps me assess my life and life around me.  Weeding is a way of showing what is important.  It has shown me who is and who is not a person I want in my life.  It helps me to know what is important and significant in my life and helps me release what it is that is detrimental to me and mine.    I use Weeding in all aspects of my life. 

It is truly an Art...


No comments:

Post a Comment