Sunday, May 24, 2015

I know what it is like to have failed

Some of the things, ok most of the things, that I was supposed to do yesterday fell by the wayside.  I did get the few most important chores done, so while I should be contrite, I feel rested and in control.  Sure my dining, living, bedroom, bathroom could stand to be vacuumed, but I felt that it was time for us to have some time just for us, even if it was to and fro.  I suggested we take a ride.  I was met with a grand smile and that made me feel that this was the right thing for us to do.

The birds were let out of the cage, given a dose of rocket fuel, and we were on our way.  I love the ride, the air, the peace that somehow overtakes me when I ride my bike.  It does wonders to the soul.   When you try to explain the feeling, I am at a loss.  I do know that the feeling has never changed, the butterflies are still there, the anticipation is all that it is cracked up to be, and the peace I feel is a welcome refuge.  It may not be the same for everyone but it is this way for me.  For as long as I remember I have had the butterflies, from when I was really small riding in front of my Dad on his '67 Triumph, then the '68 Yamaha, then finally riding the Honda 50 all by myself at 8.  As I have gotten older I never stopped riding, it is something I need to do, I need to ride, I love to ride, and it does in some way make me who I am.  Riding a motorcycle may not be for everyone, let's face it, riding a motorcycle makes you vulnerable in more ways than one, you can be hurt, killed, and even judged.

The little ones were glad to see us, and the smile on her face was worth everything.  They are wonderfully supportive and kind.  The genuine empathy is astounding and the desire to help is most heartfelt.  I don't know if I will ever me able to thank them enough. 
I didn't take a picture of them for their first ride of the season, the camera batteries were dead.  I haven't been observant about what has been going on around me,  I was amazed at what I have missed in the past couple of weeks trees, bushes and flowers growing and blooming, but I am looking forward to a bright future filled with love, peace, and happiness. 

With the whole world looking on



No comments:

Post a Comment