Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Best of days....

It woke me up like never before, I wanted a cup of coffee, I wanted it now, I waddled into the kitchen, drank yesterday's coffee, yuck.   It was gross but it was warm and I wanted it bad.  Then I realized I had to pee, so I took that sludge with me. 

That was how my day began twenty five years ago, I know it so well because on this day my Son was born.  It was a very, very hot humid summer and I was uuber pregnant.  I was also hungry.  I was always hungry and I had agita, I had agita for nine months.  I walked around with a 32 ounce bottle of Maalox in my handbag or it was in my hand.  Everyone said that the Baby would have curly hair, and yes. he did and does.

While I remember everything up until they knocked me out.  I woke to find we had a boy, and I was in love all over again.

It was a Sunday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment