Sunday, August 17, 2014

gypsy, joker, your shot gun rider

I am back finishing up the MOST boring online course, I am about halfway through, and I will say again, never, ever, ever again will I take another boring class.  It takes all that I have not to fall asleep, you know it's probably why it is taking me forever to finish.

My guy and I enjoyed a "date night" Friday.  Andrew was offered an overnight/overtime shift to repair streetlamps in Midtown.  I got to do some of my favorite things: spend time with Andrew, take pictures, be in the city, and eat pizza.  What more can a girl ask for?  I love to go to Manhattan, it never sleeps, and it just amazes me cause of the people, sights, traffic, I love the traffic.  I love the anonymity, the camaraderie, the hustle, the strangers, I miss it, and I don't miss it.  We live close enough to go back when we want, and far enough that we are able to park in front of our house.

Our first stop was Park & E 40th......




Hey I used to work in that building, way back, way back, yeah....when I was young, firm, and cute....

Then we moved to the next location....
 


 Midtown still moving around like it is noon and not the middle of the night, I miss this place....


Then we went to repair the lamp in front of  Saint Agnes Church, I have mixed feelings about how the Church looks.  It is beautiful in an almost Greek/Roman ruin look, but in a very concrete modern way.  The Church is just not ordinary, there was serious thought going into how it should look and how it would fit into the landscape.
I don't remember what the old church looked like, I had to google it...
I could not find a newer one than this, I think they deleted them all off the internet.....I worked around the block for about 4 years, so I know that I must have gone into it at least once.  I remember going into a dress shop down the block.  It was there I bought the most fabulous cobalt blue dress with a white Peter Pan collar.  I matched it with a white or red belt, and my red patent slingbacks or white patent pumps.  I love patent leather.  I had some great clothes in my time.  One of my favorite stores is still there, although it did move a couple of blocks, is Strawberry.  The crap I remember is ridiculous. 

The Chrysler Building, I have never been further than the lobby.  What is with that?



The Helmsley Building, on my list of fave 5...... 


I think I found a new satchel.....


 or two maybe
 I do so love a frame bag.

and my favorite of favorites....



 Hey there....woohoo woohoo. 

Thanks for a pretty great time and the pizza.


let me be your soul driver

No comments:

Post a Comment