Monday, September 29, 2014

Now I'm standing erect and I feel like coming back

Saturday was spent doing my "wifely" duties, I was making tomato salad, vacuuming, and doing laundry, I went outside to bring Andrew a fresh cup of coffee, and was shocked to see his motorcycle on the lift, under the tent getting a bath.  I can't remember a time when his bike got washed before mine.  It does not matter which one he washes because even after 30 years it still is my favorite sporting event.  I love to watch him.   I got to enjoy watching him smoke, drink from his new cup, wash his beauty.  I love to ride with him and I have been very happily chasing him down the road, emulating his moves, shifting 1/10th of a second after, and enjoying every single solitary moment.





Being true to my word, I ventured to the grocery by myself.  As I showered and made myself ready to leave, Andrew took my bird out of her nest to have a complete wash.  I am sorry to say that I did not get any pictures of that.  My saddlebags got removed along with the tour pack.  He said that my bike was "buggier" than his, I don't know how, but if he says so.  Yeah, mine has a couple of more rides on it than his, that could be it.  I had the rear tire changed and apparently they did not put a rubber thingy back on the right way and he had to fix it.  Also, one of my saddle bags is cracked.
I was thinking that I don't particularly care for how the bike looks without the saddlebags, maybe because the brackets are there and the shocks are not chrome, and yes, I think that shocks should be chrome, because I love chrome.  I was looking at Andrew's bike and now I'm thinking it does look mighty good without the saddlebags, very sleek and fast.  I'm saying a big no to not having saddlebags, cause I got stuff, Andrew's got stuff and we need somewhere to put said stuff.  I always have my tour pack, Andrew very, very rarely has his, so I get to carry all of the stuff that goes into a tour pack including most importantly beef jerky, you just got to have jerky.  You know a ride isn't a ride unless there is jerky, does not matter what kind or flavor just so long as it is jerky.  We have friends that say the same but instead of jerky they have to have Fig Newtons. 

It was a wonderful weekend, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Monday is here and so is all the stuff that goes with it.  I am going to enjoy the week while I am looking forward to the next weekend.  Before we even realize it winter will be here.  I am looking forward and dreading it at the same time. But for now, it is fall.

And the sun is shining gold, put a smile on my face, get back in the human race, and get on with the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment