Wednesday, November 18, 2015

"The Ties That Bind" @ Monmouth U

Last night was spectacular....I went down to Monmouth University in Long Branch, NJ to see a preview screening of "The Ties That Bind".  It is a movie about the making of Springsteen's "The River" double album.  He is releasing a new boxed set in a couple of weeks and I for one can't wait.

It was in word.....FANTASTIC

Let me tell you we were all a bit younger then...

He is still all that.....
Bruce (like he is my friend) was being interviewed about making the album.  He talked about where he was at, where his head was at.  He talked about what he wanted to get out of the album.  Bruce was ultimately frank about his personal life and was very open.  I thought it was fantastic.  It was great to see his process and more wonderful to get to go back in time.  I love the album.  I have it two copies of it, CD and vinyl, the vinyl is probably worn out I listened so much.  It really is a great album, my favorite song....."Wreck on the Highway".  It has always been my favorite, the truth about getting older, the preciousness of life, and how it can all disappear in the blink of an eye.

The movie lasted for an hour or so, then we were treated to a sneak preview of the Tempe AZ 1980 concert, that is also included.  That was fantabulous.

Thanks for pushing me to go.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment