Sunday, December 6, 2015

little things, big smiles

Sometimes it is the smallest things that give us the most pleasure.  Andrew and I went on a day trip to my fourth favorite store,William-Sonoma Outlet.  It is not often that I get to go as it is a haul, not really, but it is a 2.5 hour drive without traffic.  William-Sonoma is at the Tanger Outlets in Riverhead, Long Island, NY and the tolls to get there and back are pretty exorbitant.   There are only two other stores there that I really like, Dooney & Bourke and Le Creuset.
I got a few something somethings....new knobs.  You just don't know how happy I am for them.  I have one pot that had the stainless knob on it when I bought it, and I just love the way it looks.  I have been looking at them on Ebay, just looking.  So when I was asked  it I would like to get a two or three, I gave a resounding yes..... 

Don't they look amazing.....

I started the dining tablescape, I don't know if I am happy with it just yet.  I need to change up the a few pieces.  I love these battery operated lights.  Most of all I love, love, love this faux fruit box.  I still have to do the faux tomato can and salt can.
I put my favorite building up in its' spot...

We have been planning our Christmas gifts and for the most part we know what it is that we are giving.  They are going to be labors of love, things that bring us joy.  Andrew has been experimenting with different flavors, spices, and herbs to enhance the taste of food.  His rubs have been outstanding and his "boil" flavors have been pretty awesome.  So I almost think we are good to go.  We picked up different size hermetic clamp jars.  I really like Weck jars, but they are hard to find.  The other jars are easy to find and everyone can close them.   I would really like to give canning a try.  I think that it would be a hoot.

Oh, just a few more.....

Mel and Andrew brought Skazi to visit.....Hi Biggie....

And yes, he left me tufts all over the house.  I most certainly don't miss the dog hair.  Although the pretty kitty does an awful lot of shedding.  I was able to vacuum the dogs, Luna is not having any of that.  She does like to do what they do, go outside.  Luna tells Andrew everyday she wants to go out and comes when he snaps his fingers, we call her Cat-Dog.  She even comes when he calls or whistles.  So if he goes out so does she. 





 She is very busy outside hunting.  She has already gotten a chipmunk. 




forgiveness is the only way to heal

No comments:

Post a Comment