Saturday, June 14, 2014

So I'll try to see into your eyes right now.....

I love Saturdays....they make me smile, I especially like them when we are on vacation, except when we are going home the next day.  I made the list of what needs to be done for tomorrow so that we can go for a ride in the morning, then home for a Father's Day dinner.

I would like to say that I am almost finished with my online coarse, I'm not.  It is with heavy eyes, from falling asleep, to say that I am not even 1/5 of the way done.  Next week I am going to finish cause I can't take it any longer, it is just boring, way too boring....  Decision made, no more boring classes.

It is with a heavy heart that I finally admit, the fig tree has probably given up the ghost.  We had such a harsh winter that it perished.  We have visited others that have fig trees, spoken with the Rutgers' gardeners, and it is not looking to good.  They have said to cut it down to nothing and be hopeful for next year.  It did not matter that it was not wrapped, because those that did wrap them, still lost them.  Andrew thought that because he did some trimming, it caused it to perish.  Nothing mattered they all seem to have died.  Lucy and Nick, the Italian couple from around the block, lost all 6 of theirs.  They have trimmed theirs all the way to the soil, and will hope for the best next year.  Lucy also said that her son has lost about $2,000.00 worth of ornamental shrubs along with all of his fig trees.  What I don't understand is that the two kinds of parsley and chives made it.  Go figure.


The Hosta-funkies along with all the other flowers made it.  The Cat-tails have multiplied exponentially, they have spread like wildfire.  I am also pleased to say that weeds are growing in leaps and bounds. My heart hurts for Andrew because he is completely devastated over this.  I thought that I should to pick up another for him, but I decided against it.  While I know that it would please him, I think that he would like to go together to pick it out.

I am going to get my happy ass together and go do what needs to be done by me today.

And stay right here, 'cause these are the good old days....


No comments:

Post a Comment