Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A troublesome tattoo.....

I was just thinking about lyrics in songs and how certain ones just have profound effect on you.  They have a meaning or maybe just the turn of a phrase effects you so deeply that they stay with you for eternity.  This has happened to me....

The lyric or line makes a picture flash in your minds eye and you forever know it, associate that memory with that lyric.  I have an eclectic taste in music, I like most types, there was always music on in the house where I was raised, I know what my Mother's favorite song was when she was pregnant with me.  There has always been music on wherever I have lived.  The radio, Ipod, CD, vinyl or some other source is always on in my house.  If you know me, more oft than not, I will have music on the speakers and something different playing in my ears.  I sing too, extremely bad, really, really, really extremely bad, but I sing.  I also dance, sometimes I even get caught.

I would make playlists for each and every vacation I would go on.  They would be themes for the holiday.  I would date them, and after the holiday was over, I would listen and remember the good times.  I have even made playlists for others, I used make mix tapes for people when I found out that they like certain artists or themes.  But sorry to say, it never meant as much to them as it did for me.

I treasure my music, it has brought me a lifetime of pleasure, music to my memories, and it has made me feel less alone.  Music is my friend, it understands me when I can't find the words, helps me make sense of things that I don't understand.  Music has soothed my pain, enhanced my happiness, and thrilled me immeasurably.  It has brought me closer to some very special people who have loved me.

We all have our favorite lyric, they are our touchstones to our memories.  I wish that I could write something profound, even if it is just one line.   I can't.....but I can use a lyric written by someone and use it as my own, with my own meaning and feeling.

I hope that I have passed my music onto my kids, I think that I have.....

You and the wedding coat you wore.......

 




No comments:

Post a Comment