Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Woo Hoo....where are you?

Spring. 

I keep looking for signs of Spring, but I am very sorry that I can't find any.  Not even a spit of green from the crocuses, not even a hint of yellow from the forsythia.  There is nothing going on outside in the garden, except footprints from the mailman being lazy, walking across them instead of using the walk from Mr. B's house to Ours'(as I shake my head thinking about it).  Everything in the garden is sleeping, and I, for one, am looking forward to my favorite time of the year.




I went out and took a couple (two) pictures at ground level of what is going on out there.  I am not enjoying the temps either.  I heard last night that we were half way through the winter.  I have to admit though a part of me is truly enjoying the close quarters, we seem to have more togetherness, true togetherness and I love it immeasurably. 

I know that in the spring things will change, doors and windows will open, and we will emerge from our toasty cocoon, to a fragrant, new and exciting season.  I can wait, with enjoyment for the newness of the bounty that is before us, rejoice and relish today, smiling at yesterday,  having my eyes wide open for tomorrow.



For now I am going to stay very toasty, look at pictures of last Spring, and enjoy the second act of the Winter......in the cocoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment