Friday, April 4, 2014

I never told you til just now....

I watched a great PBS special about my favorite building...

 I was reading the paper, yup, I was reading the obits, my Mom never understood my fascination with them, read them since I was a kid.  I loved to read them, I always felt sorry for the people who died and their families, I truly loved just reading about them, where they were born, if it was a woman her maiden name, nationality, their siblings, where they were educated, husbands, wives, careers, everything....I could almost get to know them.  I don't know why, maybe I was searching for a connection....maybe that is where Gabriella gets it from?  I remember quite a few of them, the most memorable one was about a man written by his wife of 80 years, she wrote that she loved him truly from the moment they met.  He wasn't the richest, smartest or handsomest of men, he was loving, sweet, kind and there were none better.  I knew how she felt.....I understood.....

Now something from the lighter side......


There was an article about a building in NYC that I would pass by on my way to work in the morning, so of course, I google it and I find.....



Gabriella is just nutty for Hello Kitty.....I hope that they are still there, I have to go to NYC next week....

We had a couple of mighty fine days, well, better than snow I say....I took a couple of pics...








My little look-see into me is restorative, it lightens my load, gives me a place to express my guts...It is for me....and what I view necessary, unpolluted.  Conversation and photographs that express how I am, who matters, and choices, consequences, separateness of all. 



I have lived in a few places, the mortar, brick, and wood that is the building were the actual dwellings, the house but not home.  My dwelling may change, or something happens to or in that place, it becomes foul,  I can move, relocate, pack up my treasures and leave unwanted baggage. Home is where I live in my heart and head, where I belong and who I belong with and to.  You may get lucky and find your home, and get to be with them for a good long while, like forever, and sometimes luck is not on your side you take a long time finding them.  No matter where I go, I truly never leave home, it is inside of me and no matter what anyone else ever does to take my home away, no matter how hard they try, they can't, because it is in me, part of me.  That is my serenity and that is where I live.  I've been everywhere with you, that's true......



Home is wherever I'm with you.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment