Sunday, May 11, 2014

Better days are shining through...

I was thinking about Brooklyn.....it is true I do miss living there.  I miss so many things.  I miss walking on 86th Street, shopping in Century's.  I miss the bicycle path.  I miss the food, the luxury of getting all types, and the instant gratification.  I miss living the "city" lifestyle.  I think about spending Sundays during the colder months in NYC at the indoor flea markets, going to Sal's on Broome, going Downtown Brooklyn with my Mom shopping, or going to Delancey Street with Mor so she could haggle and then go to Katz Deli for lunch.  While I will say that I do, in fact we both go to both Manhattan and Brooklyn, sometimes alone or together, it is not the same place anymore.  Brooklyn has changed so much, it is not the same, for me anyhow.  While I could go sit and think of some of my fondest memories, treasured times, and most bleak moments they are firmly in the past, and sometimes you just can't go home.
I just could not help myself...
I would go to Manhattan by myself, just to walk around, or just to hang.  When I worked there I had a very similar view of the Chrysler Building, my second favorite, not the Empire State, my fourth favorite...
I can't remember how many times I have been to the top.  Kathy and I, used to go to the top of the World Trade Center,  have a grand time laughing, goofing around, and smiling.  It was very, very sad that a place of joy for her and I, was the very place that her brother lost his life on 9/11.

I would like to say that this has been a busy week, but in truth, I have done nothing that I was supposed to do....Do I feel guilty, yeah, I do.  I did not make it to DMV, did not make it to the dealer for a new rear tire, good thing our state has decided that we no longer need to have inspections on the bike, because I would have to do that too....  No more lollygagging.....The "Old Bird" is calling.....take me out....take me out....Goodness knows that she has been cooped up for far too long and we both desperately need to stretch our wings....I, we, need to make new memories. 

 We have been outside doing gardening, and some outside repairs to the house, and the garage needs to be cleaned and set to rights.  Andrew did the switching of the motorized tools, he swapped out the snow blower for the lawn mower, did whatever it has to be done so that the snow blower can over summer and be able to start come the winter.  The lawn was mowed for the first time, he weed wacked, and my favorite, edged.  I love the way an edged lawn looks.  Tomorrow for Mother's day, we will put down the rest of the mulch and yes, we will relax.










My big puppy boy came for a visit, I just want to bite his nose so bad....


These are better days

No comments:

Post a Comment