Monday, May 26, 2014

So I wash away stains of yesterday

We braved the dreaded NJDMV......The lines were out the door.  I mean people were on line outside the building.  I could not believe it, never in my life have I ever witnessed such a thing.  On the upside, both bikes are done, and I ordered my tire.  I take it to the dealer on the 3rd, I can't wait.  I can ride it, but only if there is no chance of rain.  I am ecstatic. 


Yesterday, after the yard stuff was done, the Eagles roost was opened.....I swear you could hear the angels harkening.  There they were nesting together like the best friends that they are.  They look so comfortable with each other.  I think of them as a perfect pair, a matched set, a great set.  My very, very dirty bird came rolling out of her nest.  Holy good crap is she covered in bug guts, road grime,  and just plain old filth.  Yes, they were put away dirty.  What a shock, what a surprise. 




 Andrew parked her so she could be put up on the lift for a thorough wash and wax.  While he was getting his tent thing, it is a sporting event watching him.  Andrew takes a great amount of pride taking care of his things.  He is quite meticulous when he washes and waxes his vehicles.  I was looking her over and taking some pictures, and I started to cry.  I missed her so very much.  I have so many memories riding, some of the happiest times I have ever had have been enjoyed on our motorcycles.  We have both grown up on motorcycles, and so have our children.  The time that I have spent riding this particular motorcycle is different.   I have owned a few motorcycles, but my road glide is by far my favorite, maybe because she was Andrew's before, I don't know, this motorcycle seems to be an extension of me.  It is an effortless ride.  I don't know how to explain it other than on this bike we become one.  While I have road Andrew's Eagle, I don't have the same feeling.

 As I was in my own little world taking pictures with tears running down my face like an idiot, I was met with a look of concern, when asked if I was ok, I replied with I have always wanted him to be proud of me and of my riding skills.  It has been with great pleasure, shear enjoyment, extreme happiness, and self satisfaction that I have chased behind him on some great twisties, and that I will always.   In truth, he has chased me down many a crooked road, followed me through some pretty rough terrain, half assed roads, unpaved trails all on a touring bike and never once complained.  There have been many times when I planned most excellent adventures, and found that the roads were not really "roads" and we would have to turn back.  I have tried to emulate Andrew and how he rides, because he does it most excellently.  It also gives me great pleasure when he states unequivocally that our son, Andrew rides far superior.  The boy can ride......


Our sporting event left me with one very clean bike.





I have to admit my road glide is one sweet ride.  Now she is ready to be taken for her new tire, her sister will get her much needed bath today. 

In the immortal words of Mor, "it shines like cat shit in moonshine". 

 Then tempt my heart with love's display......

No comments:

Post a Comment