Thursday, May 1, 2014

it's not likened to any other

So I am saying that it is true, April showers bring May flowers....

The last two days of April were rain drenched.  It was a very good thing that we had the roofs repaired on the garage and back porch.  May came and so did the sun....what a glorious day it is...Everything outside is so beautiful.



We were outside doing a little of this and a little of that.  We planted all the bulbs that we had and I am hoping that they come back next year.


My mother-in-law has shed all but a few flowers, and her leaves are all out, she is simply magnificent.  I took a few pictures of her very last blooms and am sad to see them go.


We are waiting with bated breath to see if the fig tree is going to come to life.  So far there is pretty much nothing going on and I know that Andrew is growing a bit concerned.  I looked at the pictures that I took on this very day last year, and it was doing a little something something.  Now not so much. 
The tulips on the side a perfect, perfect, perfect.


The Iris are really growing a lot too, and I am so very happy that when they did the garage roof they did not step on them or put anything on top of them.
I went for a quick visit with Donna & Bentley.  He is one happy boy.  Andrew made his day by bringing him home a new frisbee.  He most certainly loves to play. 


Donna's Cherry tree is fab.  Every year she says it is rotten and has to come down, but I don't know if I could chop such beauty down.





The hostas are really nice and full so far, and of course, they never did come back in the back.  We are just going to have to plant new ones with some grass.  We need more grass back there.  I can't be Ma Joad anymore, and we can't have the dust bowl either.  We planted more grass in the front also, but so far no grass only grubs, and I hate grubs.....


Buddy has a baby something in the yard that he can't get.  He is pawing and scratching trying to get it.  He won't hurt it, he is such a lover, he did not get the memo saying that he is supposed to kill little critters.  Sadie was a true terrier, nothing stopped her from getting her prey.  She was forever killing something.  Skazi learned a lot from her about hunting, she was the brains, he was the brawn.  Chico was not half bad, he had a strong prey drive.  Now all he wants to do is sleep.  I have to feel sorry for him, he is blind, deaf, and he can't smell anymore.  But he can eat.

Buddy is the happiest puppy ever.....his tail never stops wagging.  I love that dog.  I look at his face and can't believe his getting so old, his face is almost all white now.  He is also the best snuggler.

I am going to leave this post by saying, you know how I feel about Bruce Springsteen, all I can say is that he ain't got nothing on this...     goodness I love this man.....

It will never come undone





No comments:

Post a Comment