Sunday, March 16, 2014

tickin' away.....

Spring is supposed to be here in about three days and 12 hours.....  I made the very bold statement that we would have two more snows in March and one in April, very bold.  I will admit that a small part of me, a very small part, hopes that my prediction comes true.  I then think about the risks of the snow to the back, the mess, the time spent clearing it, and all the stuff that goes with the snow, I say no I don't want it.  And then I think about the coziness, snuggling, and loving that goes on and I say yeah baby....

I move forward with the season, and spring is my favorite, my favorite flowers, my mother-in-law blooms, Andrew's favorite blooms, then finally in late spring the bush that blooms on my birthday.  I love spring.... 

With the big doors and the windows open, fresh air came wafting in, we spent the day doing what our chores for the day. 

 Benny.....
 Hey you.....

 They grew since yesterday.


 My mother-in-law.....



 The fig tree/bush
 The forsythia.....
 Buddy getting ready to bark, then he realizes it is me.
There is nothing visible going on with Andrew's favorite bloom, the forsythia.  At the end of last years bumper fig crop, he chopped the heck out of it, I know that he is very nervous about it.  His Mom, the magnolia, needs to be trimmed, but I doubt he will do it.  The dogs spent the better part of the day outside, barking, rolling, and enjoying the sunshine.  Benny stayed out too, watched Andrew, hung out with him, and had a good time outside.  I saw Buddy having a nap in the sun.  I think that it was warmer out than in. 

We had a late lunch at around 3:00, baked macaroni rerun, watched a few videos about seed sowing, our next endeavor.  We are going to give it a whirl.  We watched, discussed, set boundries (I am not allowed to touch, water, maybe even look) for the seedlings.  I can't wait.  When we replaced the kitchen and diningroom windows,  we should have put a garden window in the kitchen, Andrew told me to, but it kind of got lost in the whole construction mess, that stil isn't finished.  He told me to call and have it replaced twice since Christmas, but I don't know.  When I see Kathy's, I want it, but our's will be half the size, and we do not have full sun in that window.  I could have herbs all year round on the sill......
It sounds so good.

We went out last night, woo hoo.....I even stepped out of my comfort zone....I am just getting crazy.  We went out after the dogs were fed, we went to Princeton.  Wednesday and Thursday, we received new William Sonoma catalogs.....I love that store, well they had two things that caught our attention, the new Nespresso machine, it makes American coffee and espresso...yup, finally and All Clad made D7.....glory days....  We need, yeah ok not really, a 6 Quart stock/sauce pot, in stainless.  I check everyday for the sale, nothing yet.  So when Andrew asked if I wanted to go, I was sitting in the truck before he finished the sentence, yeah that fast...  So off we went.  William Sonoma did not disappoint.  The new Nespresso was awesome, the crema on the American coffee was astounding.  You do not need cream at all, it was pure unadulterated deliciousness.  The added boon was the travel cup that they served the coffee in was really great too.  Andrew had two cups, and on the way home, said maybe we should get it.  This morning he said the same thing.  So you know me.....I'm thinking.....  Then the D7 All Clad was really, really nice.  So far it only comes in 6 and 8 quart stock pots, they saleswoman said that she thinks the complete line will come out at the end of the year.  Oh boy...... 

I have lots to do today......

Yeah, there's better days shining through.  These are better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment