Wednesday, July 30, 2014

debugging the birds.....

Riding through Maine was simply beautiful.  The roads cut through the mountain and they look like ribbons winding through the trees.  You can see them for miles on end.  I thought about the GoPro camera at least 4 times each hour we rode, wishing that we had it.
At the end of the day, after we showered and had eaten dinner, it was time to relax.  Andrew enjoys having a cigar and an alcoholic beverage when he is chilling.  I found myself in another fruitless foray into alcoholism.  So while I was taking pictures, he was cleaning all the bugs off the fairings.  Maine has some of the hugest bugs I have ever seen.  The splats were ginormous and seriously funky.   He found that my front fender had come loose and needed to be tightened.







Andrew fixed my bike while I packed our gear.  He put his tour pack on so we had the extra space. 
Sometimes we need the prime real estate that his tour pack affords us, my tour pack does not hold more than my pocketbook, big camera, night glasses, maps, and of course. Jerky.  It  is not a ride unless you have jerky.  The CD player that is in my tour pack takes up a serious amount of space, I could be putting stuff in that spot.  Andrew's tour pack is nothing but wide open space.  It is a very good thing that I carry bungee cords, I can seriously back my passenger pillion. 
We saw so many motorcycles.  When we are oot & aboot (Canadian for out & about) I check out license plates.  There were so many different ones, lots were from Maine, Canadian were abundant, but tons were from New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.  Massachusetts and Connecticut plates were ample also. 

I know now what happened to my big gnome that was in the front yard.....
 hehehe....









No comments:

Post a Comment