Sunday, July 13, 2014

the unpolluted affiance

This weekend insofar has been wonderfully spent.  While it is true that we are so busy doing our usual tasks, we are also getting ready for a much needed, much anticipated holiday. 

Friday ended the work-week as usual, but an opportunity arose for a few hours of OT.  In the immortal words of my grandfather, Far, "You never, ever turn down overtime".  So when I was asked if I wanted to tag along, the answer was a resounding yes.  At 10 PM Friday, we set off to NYC.  I took my camera with me, cause if you know me, there are few things that I like to do better, I really need to take a class, so that I can get better at it.  Maybe I should just read the manual, I am sure that will help.






I had the best time.  In the midst of all the repairs. I got treated with a fantastic slice of pizza.  Sometimes I really, really miss living here.  Before we had kids, we owned a great apartment here, and it was the best.  I don't know now if it was the wisest decision for us to move, but what is done, is done.  You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.








It astounds me how homogenized the city has become, it is not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, I almost wish it was like this before we moved, and maybe we would not have.  All the usual suspects were out in full force on this wonderfully warm summer Friday night/Saturday morning.  There were copious amounts of tourists, an eclectic mix of seniors, private sanitation men galore, people going to and from work, families with kids walking about at 2 AM as if it were 2 PM.  I love this place.  While Andrew was doing repairs, I busied myself with watching him and all the people, taking pictures and of course, window shopping.  I can window shop with the best of them.


 It was a wonderful time.  I love this man....
This looks rather familiar. I wonder from where????   Hehehehe

After 20 repairs, we came home.

After we napped for a bit, then it was time to continue getting ready for our trip.  I really would like the kitchen to be finished, but we want this, is for us.


Off I go, to get the suitcases, so that I can pack them.

Woohoo, woohoo..........

No comments:

Post a Comment