Monday, July 28, 2014

in a nutshell

I always had a feeling of belonging, a sense that I was a part of a family, my family.  I was not born into a large family, there are not many of us.  I have no cousins, no aunts or uncles, it was always just our grandparents, Mor and Far, Gram, Mom and Dad, and us three kids, then we got Jennifer, she is our something extra special, she came when we were almost grown, she is our boon.  We could sit at the dining room table with no problem.  It never seemed strange to me that there were never others to vie for attention from Mor, we never had to share, only with each other, and that was enough.  We were the sole recipients of their love and affection.  My small family has not grown exponentially, we have added one, lost one, added one, added three, added one, lost two, added two.  We still fit around the dining room table with no problem. 

I guess this is why I am the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment