Wednesday, February 5, 2014

too heavy

Today we got ice-rain-hail-sleet dumped on us here, a little north, it would have been snow.  I don't know if that is good or bad.  I went outside to shovel the ice crap mixture that is on our sidewalks, thinking that I would rather have me down and out than having Andrew hurt.  I don't think that makes me a good wife, person or anything I just figured that in my quest to be the person I want to be, it would be the right thing. 

Well in the immortal words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "I thought I was gonna die", that crap was heavy, I had major problems lifting in it.  I used two different shovels, the metal round  one that looks like the front of an old fashion bob sled, and the heavy black/yellow plastic one.  I did most of it, but truth be told, I could not do anymore.  I left some for Andrew.  I feel bad. real, real bad for leaving any for him. 

I have been thinking about North Carolina......and this

But then I heard noise outside, that made me go and look.  What I saw made me smile.  He makes me smile. 




Andrew and I have been together for almost 35 years.  I look forward to 50 more....


No comments:

Post a Comment